Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Tulle/Netting Christmas Wreath

This is a super easy and inexpensive wreath to make for Christmas and any other holiday, too.  All you need is a wire hanger and some netting.  The netting I used for this wreath was from Pat Catan's (regional craft chain) and came in a roll 6" x 25 yards.  I used just a little over a roll of each color.

Take your wire hanger and shape it into a circle (as best you can).

















Next cut some netting.  I have been cutting mine at about 11" (I have a magazine nearby and just stretch it along the longest part.).  I usually cut about a dozen of each color and work with those and then cut again.  This breaks it up for me.  I alternate my colors.  I take a piece of netting and fold it in half and put it under the hanger.


















I then loop it around as I hope you can see in these next photos:






































































Make sure you pull it fairly tight.  Keep on doing this - alternating your holiday colors - and push together so it is all snug.


















When you are finished you will notice that you can see all the imperfections of the "not so round" hanger. 


















All you do is "fluff" it up --



















You can do these for any holiday.  I did one for 4th of July -


















I used some rolls of tulle that I found at JoAnn's for a lovely Fall wreath -


















Normally, I do one of these wreaths in one sitting.  But, with the Christmas wreath I had Lucy "trying" to help me.  Needless to say -- I called it a night and continued the next day -- alone!


















Linking to this party -
Hope Studios