Friday, April 13, 2012

Chicken Ranch Quesadillas

Pin It
I made these for the first time the other day and am still thinking about them --
















I originally found this recipe at Amy's Finer Things Blog about 1 1/2 years ago and am just now making this.  What was I thinking?????  So fabulous!!!

Chicken Ranch Quesadillas


olive oil or vegetable oil
1/4 C. chopped onion
2 C. fresh spinach
2 C. cooked chicken
2 C. shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1/3 C. ranch dressing
8 flour tortillas (big ones)

Heat about 1 T. oil in a pan.  Saute the onion until clear then add the spinach.  Just cook it until the spinach is wilted.  Put the onion and spinach in a bowl and add the chicken, cheese, and ranch dressing to it.  Mix well.

In a skillet heat a few drops of oil.  Put one tortilla in the the skillet.  Spread the filling (use about 1/4 of it if making a full batch) around.  Then, place another tortilla on top.  I cooked several minutes on each side.

Use kitchen shears to cut into quarters.

This recipe makes 4 big quesadillas.  You could cut the recipe in half and make just 2 if you would like.  I put the leftovers (uncut) in gallon Ziploc bags and refrigerated.  These tasted great as a lunch (or a snack!!).  I cut them with shears before I heated them - put 2 quarters on a small plate - covered with a paper towel and microwaved on high for 30 seconds.

I love to dip mine in sour cream - but you may also like salsa or guacamole.  (I do love guacamole but did not have any at this time!)

Here are the onions and spinach cooking (spinach has not wilted yet) --
















All the ingredients mixed together --
















Note on the chicken - I was going to cook boneless chicken breasts in the oven and then chop or shred them, but when I was at the store I decided to buy this as I thought it was just as good cost-wise and especially time-wise.  I used 1 1/2 packages of these for the full batch --
















Here is the bottom tortilla in the skillet --
















Chicken filling spread around --
















Top with another tortilla and cook --
















Flip when ready and cook the other side --
















Repeat the cooking process until all are finished.  These are great for a main meal or appetizer.  You could always cook on multiple skillets and make several at the same time.



























































Has anyone been watching the web cams of the Decorah Eagles (I think this takes you to all the web cams so click on the eagles)??  I have been watching some, but I must keep the volume down.  This is what happens when Lucy hears the chirping --





















I am linking to Designs By Gollum's Foodie Friday.  Just click here to see all the amazing recipes --

No comments: