Saturday, January 8, 2011

Pecan Cheesecake Squares

This recipe takes a bit of time - but makes a lot - and it is now my "favorite" dessert!!!  I dream about it!!!!

















As you can tell - I didn't think to take a photo until it is half gone!!!!  But, this was made before I started my blog so I am better at taking the pics!

Ingredients/Instructions for Pecan Cheesecake Squares -

Crust/Bottom Layer

2 1/2 C. flour
1 C. melted butter
1 C. finely chopped pecans
2 T. powdered sugar

Combine all.  Mix well and press into 9 x 13 pan (I always spray "Pam" in it first).  Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until lightly browned.  Cool.

Filling/Middle Layer

24 oz. cream cheese, softened
2/3 C. sugar (granulated)
14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. grated lemon peel
4 beaten eggs

Beat cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy.  Add remaining ingredients.  Beat til well mixed.  Pour over cooled crust and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or til edges are lightly browned and center is set.  Cool.

Topping

1 C. packed brown sugar
1 C. heavy whipping cream
1 C. chopped pecans
2 tsp. vanilla

Combine sugar and cream in a saucepan.  Heat to a boil.  Lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes.  Remove from heat and stir in pecans and vanilla.  Spoon over top of baked cheesecake.  Chill at least 4 hours, but better if chilled overnight. 

Cut into small pieces as this is very rich.  If you are using this at a gathering of a lot of people -- you could cut into small squares and put them on cupcake wrappers on a large platter.  This would make it easy for the guests to serve themselves.

I received this recipe from a gal on a Christmas internet group that I am a member.  I will always be indebted to her for this 'delish' recipe!!!


















Now, for a little Lucy story.  When she first came to our home I quickly searched for a little toy for her.  I found this little Ohio State Brutus.  It was her first toy and I know that is it special to her.  This is a photo of when she was little and she was hugging it while sleeping.  Now days - she wrestles with it!!!!


















I am linking to Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special.  You can click here to see lots of ideas.

1 comment:

Lori Lynn said...

OK....this recipe has two of my favorite things - pecans and sweetened condensed milk - so I HAVE to make it! Looks delish!
*´¨)
¸.*´¸.**´¨) ¸.**´¨)
(¸.*´ (¸.*´* Lori Lynn *