Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Putting New Life in Outdoor Furniture!!

This was my first attempt at spray painting any type of furniture.  I read a few posts from other bloggers that gave me the confidence to do this -

















These chairs and table were my parents.  So, they are from the 60's probably.  One was red and the other was green and they had black handles.  The table was green with white legs.   I also did some other plant holders to match these. 

I started with these first -

















I washed and cleaned them.  I then put them on my garage floor (with the doors open, of course!) and proceeded to prime them.  Since I was painting these a dark color -- I used a brown primer -






















Next, I used Krylon Brown Leather Gloss for these pieces.  I can't remember if I ended up using 3 or 4 cans of the paint.  I originally bought 2 cans -- I don't know what I was thinking???  I painted them on one side then waited at least an hour and then painted the other side.  Sometimes I waited overnight.  But, I did each side twice -







































Here they are - all finished and on the deck -

















Now, it was time to do the rest -- I think I procrastinated for a few days!!!  I don't have any before pics, but here they are with some white primer -







































Next it was Krylon Almond Gloss that I used.  Again, I can't remember how many cans but it might have been 4-5 cans.  I needed more of the Almond to cover these dark colors -







































Much better with more coats -
























































I don't think they came out too bad for my first attempt.  My deck looks so different with the brown and almond colors -

















Love the furniture now!!!  But, Lucy says "what about me?"  She is ready for her close-up --

















I am linking to Somewhat Simple's Link Party.  You can see other ideas/projects here.
somewhat simple button

1 comment:

Comeca Jones said...

Looks great! You lucked up getting them from your mom and dad!