Thursday, June 16, 2011

Salmon Patties


















Salmon Patties

2 cans salmon (about 14-16 oz. each)
2 eggs
2 T. lemon juice
1 sleeve of saltine crackers, crushed

Cream of mushroom soup (+ milk)

Drain the juice from the salmon and discard the juice and put the salmon in a large bowl.  Remove the bones as best you can that are in the center.  Mash the salmon a bit.  Add the eggs and lemon juice and mix in.  I usually crush the crackers in my blender and I do maybe 6-8 at a time and stir into the salmon mixture.  It is usually about one sleeve (4 sleeves to a box of crackers) that I get the consistency that I like.  Mix it all together with a fork. 

Heat some oil in a large skillet.  I like to keep my hands wet while I am making the patties so I usually run the water in the sink and keep sticking my hands under it.  Make patties out of the salmon mixture and add to the hot oil.  When one side is fairly done then I will flip it.  Then, I'll do each side again for a bit.  When they are done to your satisfaction put the patties on a paper towel to absorb the oil.

I like to serve mine with cream of mushroom soup that I have added about 1/2 to 2/3 can of milk and heated in a saucepan.  Mashed Potatoes are the best with these and, of course, a salad or vegetable.

These are also good for leftovers.  I refrigerate the cream of mushroom soup separately but then put it on the patties prior to microwaving them.


This is the salmon after I have picked out the bones -

















With the eggs and lemon juice ready to be mixed in -

















After the crushed crackers have been added and ready to form the patties -

















All the patties in the fry pan starting to cook -

















After they have been flipped once -

















You can probably tell that this was a recipe taught to me by my mother and that there isn't anything written down and it is always made from memory.  Hopefully, I have made it clear for you.  If not, send me a comment. 

Right now Lucy is hiding under our bed.  Something has scared her and we are having a time trying to get her to come out.  She did for a bit to get a treat and "do her business" but that was the only time all day.  I have a little toy mouse by the bed trying to lure her out.  So, far I don't think she is buying it.  But, I thought you might like to see her new place to hide when it is storming outside.  She hides under this small table! 






















I am linking this recipe to Designs by Gollum's Foodie Friday.  Check out more recipes here.
FOODIE FRIDAY Click for details

No comments: