Tuesday, December 21, 2010

12th Annual Cookie Exchange

It would not be Christmas for me if it did not start with my annual Cookie Exchange.  It all begins with the invite -







































As you can see - this year's had a theme - Ugly Sweater!!!!  I thought I would embellish a sweater --

















It was a Goodwill sweater and a WalMart Snowman!!
Here are some of the appetizers we snacked on -



















































We had a special guest this year - Elvis --






















I took photos of all of us next to our special guest.  Here are a few -






















My sister (on the right) was so thrilled she couldn't keep her eyes open (you know how they used to just scream when they saw Elvis "back in the day") -






















How cute!!






















We all sit and chat - even Lucy fit right in -

















We always take a group photo -

















Look what my good friend, Barb, gave me as a hostess gift - an Ugly Sweater Ornament --

















(Or maybe is was supposed to be a Cute Sweater Ornament!!)  I always give everyone a little gift.  This year I made them each a set of beaded silverware -

















We bring our cookies all wrapped up - so we all get 1 dozen cookies from each person.  This year we each brought 8 dozen and took home 8 dozen.  We love how they are presented as much as what is inside!!  Do you believe that I forgot to take a picture of all the cookies??   So, to give you an idea I do have some past years cookies you can see. 
Here is last year - 2009 -

















Here is one of each from the year 2008 -

















2008 was also our 10th Cookie Exchange.  So, we had it on a Saturday night and came in our pj's!!  We also played a game (something we don't usually do) - the reindeer antler game - it was hilarious.  Here is the winning team -

















And, our 2007 cookies -

















We had a great time, as usual!  If you think this looks like fun - then I hope that you have one yourself! 

After almost everyone had left - I looked and there was Lucy - "please take my picture with Elvis, too!!!!"






















Thank you very much!!!!
Next year it will be the Wigged Out Cookie Exchange.  I am going to be on the hunt for a pink wig - don't tell anyone!

I am linking to All Things Merry & Bright at All Things Heart and Home.  Click here.

No comments: