Saturday, July 21, 2012

Broccoli & Cauliflower Salad

Pin It
Great any time of the year!
















Broccoli & Cauliflower Salad


1 large bunch (or 2 small) broccoli, broken into small pieces
1 head cauliflower, broken into small pieces
6 hard boiled eggs, chopped
8-10 slices fried bacon, chopped
chopped onion to taste
garlic powder to taste

Dressing - combine:
1 C. or more of mayo (I used Miracle Whip)
1/4 C. parmesan cheese
1-2 T. sugar

Put all the vegetables, etc. in a bowl.  Add dressing and mix gently until combined.  Refrigerate.

Keep in mind - the above recipe is for a single batch.  Most of the time I will double the recipe so I have plenty.  This time I was taking it to a picnic with my gal friends - the Yaya's.  I also wanted some for home.  I tripled the batch so keep that in mind when observing the photos.


Cauliflower all chopped and added to the bowl -
















Then, the broccoli -
















Hard boiled eggs -
















Bacon, eggs & garlic powder -
















The dressing all combined -
















Mixed into the vegetables -
















The first photo in this post is after the salad had been refrigerated.  I made this the night prior.  Here it is at the picnic -
















We had a healthy picnic.  We had 3 kinds of salads and rolls with honey butter -
















Even though it was a hot day we enjoyed a cooling breeze coming from the northeast off Lake Erie because we chose to enjoy the picnic on the grounds of the Marblehead Lighthouse.  Here are some goofy photos of me and my friends (I am in the first photo on the left) -










































Beautiful Lake Erie -
















Storms are really cropping up this summer with this heat.  You can always tell when a storm isn't that severe -- Lucy only hides part of her --
















I am linking to Designs by Gollum - Foodie Friday.  Check out all the amazing recipes by clicking here.

No comments: