Friday, January 17, 2014

Mini Sweet Peppers w/String Cheese

This title says it all -- it is just Mini Sweet Peppers with String Cheese.
















I found this on Pinterest with nothing but the heating instructions.  So, I don't know who to give credit.  I found the sweet peppers at Walmart, but they also have them at Kroger - so you should be able to find them at a grocer near you.

I rinsed and dried the sweet peppers -
















Cut a little slot across the top under the stem - then slit them -
















Using a teaspoon - try to get most of the seeds out - they were all at the top -
















Take a stick of the String Cheese and cut in either thirds or halves depending on the size of the peppers and place them inside the pepper -
















I sprayed my broiler pan with Pam and placed them on it (I only made up half the bag of peppers this time) -





































Broil them for approximately 10 minutes - keeping an eye on them -





































These were so good and Mr. Cardigan just raved about them!!!!!!

As you know I put up a huge amount of Christmas decorations and it also takes me forever to put it all away.  Especially since it is a job that I hate and brings me no joy!  In this box (almost all is in totes except a couple boxes) I have put away and wrapped most of the decor from my Mittens & Skates tree.  It has sat on the couch for several days and Lucy finally got the urge to inspect it -
















She warmed them up for a bit.  I hope that I packed them well - Lucy is not exactly tiny!!!!

I am linking to Designs by Gollum's Foodie Friday.  Just click here for all the super recipes!!!




Also, linking to Shaken Together Life's Creativity Unleashed Linky Party.  Click here to see the fab recipes.
Creativity-Unleashed-Party-Button








No comments: