Saturday, June 16, 2012

Crockpot Chicken Parmesan - A Pinterest Winner!!!

Pin It
I know most of you are on Pinterest.  I love it as another way to find all things fabulous in blogland!!  I decided it was about time that I printed a few of the recipes I have been pinning (hoarding!!) and give them a try.  The Crockpot Chicken Parmesan fit in perfectly with my crazy summer work schedule.  I originally found it here - thank you Chef-in-Training!!!!

Doesn't it look good with the angel hair pasta?
















Crockpot Chicken Parmesan


4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 C. seasoned bread crumbs
1/4 C. parmesan cheese
salt & pepper
1 T. olive oil
2 eggs, beaten
1-2 C. shredded mozzarella cheese
large jar marinara sauce

Put the olive oil in the bottom of the crockpot.

In one bowl - beat the eggs.  In another bowl - mix together the bread crumbs, parmesan  cheese, salt & pepper.

Dip the chicken into the egg first -- then dip into the bread crumbs mixture.  Make sure it is coated well.

Place the coated chicken breast in the crockpot.  Put as much mozzarella cheese as you like on top of the chicken.  Then, put the sauce on top of that.  (I used a jar of marinara sauce - then thought maybe I wanted more sauce to go with our pasta so I also added some spaghetti sauce that I had in the refrigerator.)

Cook on low for 6 -7 hours (or high for 3-4 hours).

Serve with pasta - I used angel hair pasta this time.  Great with garlic bread/rolls, too!!


Here is the eggs and bread crumbs mixtures -
















Dip the chicken breast in the egg mixture first -
















Then, into the bread crumbs mixture -





















Place in the crockpot on top of the olive oil -
















Mozzarella cheese on top -
















Sauce on top of that -
















Ready to serve -
















Angel hair pasta -
















Love me some Lucy!!!!





















I am linking to Designs By Gollum - Foodie Friday.  Click here to see all the amazing recipes!!!
Foodie Friday

No comments: