Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Fried Chicken Strips

I have been a bad blogger lately and I am going to try something to get myself in gear!!!  Starting today I am challenging myself to blog each day during the month of February.  I am hoping that getting ready for Super Bowl Sunday, Valentine's Day and then St. Patrick's Day will keep me moving!!!!!  January is just a hard month for me with putting the Christmas decorations away.  It takes me forever and I drag my feet doing it, too!!!  I prefer the anticipation to the conclusion!!!!!

I have made these Fried Chicken Strips several times and make enough that I can enjoy them as leftovers for my lunch!!!
















Fried Chicken Strips


about 80 saltine crackers, crushed (I put them in a ziploc baggy and use a rolling pin)
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. dried basil
1/2 tsp. paprika
1/8 tsp. pepper
1 egg
1 C. milk
1 1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2" strips
oil for frying

In a shallow bowl - combine the first five ingredients.  In another shallow bowl - beat the egg and milk together.  Dip the chicken pieces into the egg mixture -- then into the cracker mixture.

Get the oil heating in whatever pan you prefer.  I used a skillet on the stove -- but you could use a deep fryer or an electric skillet.  Put the appropriate amount of oil in your skillet and heat it up. (the recipe says to 375 degrees)  Fry several pieces of the coated chicken strips at a time -- 2-3 minutes or so on each side or until golden brown.  Drain on paper towels.

Very tasty served with ranch dressing on the side for dipping!!!

 Here is the cracker crumb mixture and the egg/milk mixture --
















The chicken cut into strips --
















Coating the chicken --










































Frying the chicken --
















Draining the chicken --
















I'd like to give credit to where I first saw this delicious recipe - click here to see original recipe.

I have just about all my Christmas decor put away.  All the trees are down and they and their decor are in the garage.  All the totes are filled and in the garage, too.  I just have a small tote/box worth that needs to be packed away.  My incentive for that is my new Keurig that I received as a Christmas gift is in a box that looks like it might fit everything!!!!  I don't really feel like buying a new tote right now and this is my incentive to get that Keurig up and running!!!!  I am going to do that right after this post.  I guess you will need to stay tuned to see if that really happens!!!!!  Anyway, Lucy has been enjoying the tissue paper that has been on the floor while I am packing away.  The other day she just dove right in there!!!!
















I am linking to Savvy Southern Style's - Wow Us Wednesdays.  Please click here to see lots of great ideas!!!!

No comments: