Thursday, February 2, 2012

Hearty Ham Chowder

Pin It
You have got to try this very soon!!!!  I am still thinking about it!!!
















Hearty Ham Chowder


4 C. potatoes, cut in 1" cubes (can use russet or red - I chose reds)
3 C. cooked ham, cut into 1" cubes (I bought pkg. ham already chopped)
1 can (15.25 oz.) whole kernel corn, drained
1 can (14.75 oz.) cream-style corn
1 can (12 oz.) evaporated milk
1/4 C. chopped green onion
1/2 tsp. each of pepper, dry mustard & garlic powder
2 bay leaves, dried
1/2 C. shredded cheddar cheese

Place all ingredients, except bay leaves and shredded cheese in a crockpot.  Stir gently with a wooden spoon.  Place bay leaves on top of ingredients.  Put lid on crockpot and cook on low for 8 - 9 hours (or on high for 3-4 hours).  After time is completed - remove bay leaves.  Gently stir in shredded cheese.

Ready to serve.  You can garnish with additional cheese, if desired.

I absolutely love this!!!!!  Mr. Cardigan and I fought over the leftovers (kind of!!!).  I told him I was going to be making this again - very soon!!!!  I am a big cracker person and did not use one cracker with this.  We made this our entire meal -- but you can add some sides depending on what you and your family like.


Here are the potatoes all cubed --
















Everything else added to the crockpot (except the bay leaves and cheese) --
















All ready to serve --
















I am excited that I am on Day 2 of my every day in February posts.  This is major for how I have been doing!!  Just an update -- the Keurig is on the counter -- not yet ready to go but very close!!  Maybe I will have coffee from it tomorrow morning in my Valentine coffee mug?????

I have started with my Valentine decorating and here is a little preview of the dining room table --
















As you can see -- Lucy is completely bored with it all --
















I am linking to Designs by Gollum's Foodie Friday.  Please click here to see so many amazing recipes!!!!
Foodie Friday

1 comment:

Mary Sullivan Frasier said...

Lordy! Ham, cheese, potatoes and the crockpot?? I'm sold!

I'll be putting this one in my recipe file for sure. Thanks for sharing it! (I'm pinning it too!)