Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Green Bean Bundles

Pin It
When I first started reading blogs I saw that many of the gals served this at their parties - Green Bean Bundles.  I was fascinated with it but none of the blogs I saw had a recipe so I Googled to find one.  I have made this several times and also brought it to a family Christmas gathering this year.  It seemed to go over well.  Unfortunately, I forgot to take a photo of it after it was finished in the oven or when it was on the food table - you know how hectic things are getting ready!!!

Green Bean Bundles


2 cans whole green beans, drained
1 stick butter
1/2 lb. bacon
1/4 C. brown sugar
1 tsp. garlic powder
dash of pepper

toothpicks

Cut bacon slices in half.  Take 3-4 whole green beans and wrap with bacon.  Insert toothpick to hold bacon around green beans.  Put them in a baking dish.

Make a glaze of brown sugar, garlic powder, butter, and pepper.  Pour glaze over green bean bundles in baking dish.  Bake at 350 degrees for approx. 45 minutes.  I kept them covered for the first half - then without the last half.

Here the green beans are prepared to be wrapped --
















Wrapped up --
















In the baking dish --
















Here is the glaze -- but I just realized why they were a bit different than I remembered -- this glaze that is pictured was made melting the butter but you really shouldn't do that.  It is much better to have a thicker glaze than a runny one --
















I just wrote on the recipe -- do not melt -- next to the butter!!!!!  That was a hectic day - the day after Christmas getting everything together!!!

There has never been an empty box in our home that Lucy has not tried out --
















I am linking to Savvy Southern Style's Wow Us Wednesdays.  Please click here here to see other recipes, crafts & projects.