Thursday, November 18, 2010

Sweet Shoppe & Flamingo Trees

I am trying to go all out with my Christmas decorating this year.  I have the time -- now I just need to keep moving!  I want to share 2 of the trees that I have finished.  This is my Sweet Shoppe tree.  It is a 4' red tree from Big Lots a few years ago.  I also use this tree for Valentine's.  This is a look at it prior to decorating:

This tree is in my Master Bathroom.  Here are some close-ups of some of the ornaments -
This is the topper -
This is the base of the tree -
And -- this is the entire tree!  Love this Sweet Shoppe tree!!!
Here is my Flamingo Tree.  This is the first year for it.  I had put some of the ornaments on a very small tree one year, but needed to do an expansion.  It is a 6' white prelit with white lights that was bought at WalMart a couple years ago.  This is the "before" tree:
Some close-ups -


This is the topper -
Here is the base of the tree (I used pink netting and it looks better in person - camera really shows the base)-
The full length version -
This tree is in what we call the "Studio".  It is my crafting area and Mr. Cardigan has his desk there.  When I came out from decorating this is what I found in the living room - nestled amongst some areas decorated and some not -
Should I put a bow on her and call her my "Lucy Tree"???

Going to try my first Linky Party - check it out

2 comments:

The Answer Is Chocolate said...

Congrats on your new blog and I'm honored that mine is your first link party! WOW these trees are amazing. We have 4 trees ( I do 3 and my husband and son do 1) so I can totally relate! Hope you'll be a regular visitor. Look forward to seeing your blog grow!

☞ ⒶⓃⓃⒺ ☜ said...

My husband would groan if he saw me looking at your flamingo free...I LOVE pink flamingos!!! Your sweet tree is adorable...I'd love to have one of those in my kitchen!