Thursday, November 18, 2010

Sweet Shoppe & Flamingo Trees

I am trying to go all out with my Christmas decorating this year.  I have the time -- now I just need to keep moving!  I want to share 2 of the trees that I have finished.  This is my Sweet Shoppe tree.  It is a 4' red tree from Big Lots a few years ago.  I also use this tree for Valentine's.  This is a look at it prior to decorating:

This tree is in my Master Bathroom.  Here are some close-ups of some of the ornaments -
This is the topper -
This is the base of the tree -
And -- this is the entire tree!  Love this Sweet Shoppe tree!!!
Here is my Flamingo Tree.  This is the first year for it.  I had put some of the ornaments on a very small tree one year, but needed to do an expansion.  It is a 6' white prelit with white lights that was bought at WalMart a couple years ago.  This is the "before" tree:
Some close-ups -


This is the topper -
Here is the base of the tree (I used pink netting and it looks better in person - camera really shows the base)-
The full length version -
This tree is in what we call the "Studio".  It is my crafting area and Mr. Cardigan has his desk there.  When I came out from decorating this is what I found in the living room - nestled amongst some areas decorated and some not -
Should I put a bow on her and call her my "Lucy Tree"???

Going to try my first Linky Party - check it out

2 comments:

Carol, The Answer Is Chocolate said...

Congrats on your new blog and I'm honored that mine is your first link party! WOW these trees are amazing. We have 4 trees ( I do 3 and my husband and son do 1) so I can totally relate! Hope you'll be a regular visitor. Look forward to seeing your blog grow!

Anne said...

My husband would groan if he saw me looking at your flamingo free...I LOVE pink flamingos!!! Your sweet tree is adorable...I'd love to have one of those in my kitchen!