Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pulled Pork Sandwiches

Pin It
These are soooo  good and a super easy meal to make, especially if serving them at a party!

















First of all, I originally saw the recipe at this blog site Sisters Stuff Blog.  The first time I made it I thought it was a bit dry and we needed to add some sauce (Famous Dave's Original is our fav!) to the top of the pork before adding the bun.  But, I have come to find that it depends on how big the pork loin is if you would need to double or triple the sauce ingredients.  More on this later.

Pulled Pork Sandwiches


2 1/2 - 3 1/2 lbs. pork loin roast
1/2 C. brown sugar
1/2 C. worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. powdered ginger
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. garlic powder
2 T. dried minced onion

Put the pork in a crockpot.  Mix all the other ingredients together and pour on top of the pork.  Cook approx. 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low.  About 1 hour before finished - take out the pork and shred (using 2 forks) and place back in the crockpot.  Stir the pork into the sauce and cook that remaining hour.


When I made this the other day I had a pork loin that was 2 1/2 lbs.  I just used the sauce per the recipe.  I thought it was OK and Mr. Cardigan thought it needed a bit of BBQ sauce added to the sandwich.

For my Cookie Exchange I used a 3 3/4 lb. pork loin and I doubled the sauce recipe and thought it came out perfect.


Pork loin in the crockpot --

















The dry ingredients of the sauce -

















Then, adding the worcestershire sauce to it --

















Poured over the pork -

















Pork being shredded -

















Shredded pork added to the sauce in the crockpot -

















When I made these for my Cookie Exchange I used dinner rolls and we had them as Sliders.  I actually prefer them this way (see them in the lower left) -

















Lucy looks like she has had one too many of these pulled pork sandwiches?  I don't see how she can be comfortable like this!!!!






















I am linking to Savvy Southern Style's WOW US WEDNESDAYS.  Come and see all the great posts by clicking here.

1 comment:

Diana LaMarre said...

That looks delicious! I am going to save that recipe. Thanks for sharing.