Monday, March 19, 2012

St. Pat's Food - French Toast with Bangers & Reubens!!!!

Pin It
Besides dressing in green on St. Patrick's Day I also planned our meals around the holiday.  I bought a package of Bangers at Trader Joe's (have never made them before!!).  So, I fixed them for breakfast to go with French Toast.  I make my French Toast with vanilla - and this is how I do mine --

For this batch I made about 6 pieces and I used this amount and whisk:

3 eggs
about 1 T. milk
a good tsp. of vanilla
sprinkling of cinnamon

Here is the egg/milk/vanilla mixture whisked --

















Whisk some cinnamon into this --

















Dip bread into this and flip and do other side --

















Fry in skillet that has some melted butter --

















Flip and do other side --

















Now, for the bangers.  I put some margarine in a pan and fried them until done --


































The French Toast is delicious -- but I think I would prefer our regular breakfast sausage instead of the Bangers --

















For our evening meal I made Reuben sandwiches.  If you don't make these -- try them because it is such a nice meal to put together quickly --

You will need -
pkg. beef (or corned beef, but Mr. Cardigan doesn't like it)
sauerkraut
swiss cheese
rye bread
butter

You make these just like doing a grilled cheese sandwich.  Butter the rye bread --

















Place the bread butter-side down in a warmed-up skillet.  Put as much beef or corned beef as you like on top (I use 1 small package of the Buddig brand beef per sandwich and I use the larger rye bread.) --


































Using a fork put as much sauerkraut as you like on top of the beef --

















Swiss cheese slices on top --

















The other slice of rye bread butter-side up --

















Make these just like grilled cheese - keep checking when each side is finished.  I have a nice spatula that is great for turning over larger sandwiches like these --


































Love these with Thousand Island Dressing to dip the sandwich in --
























































Doesn't it look like Lucy is having a time-out????

















I am linking to Craft-O-Maniac's Monday Linky Party.  Click here to see all the crafts and recipes!!!

No comments: