Sunday, April 22, 2012

Thin Mint Brownies

Pin It
This is about as good as it gets - and you can still call it homemade!!!
















All you need for the brownies are -

1 brownie mix (I prefer Duncan Hines Milk Chocolate)
1/2 pkg. of Andes Creme de Menthe Baking Chips (found by the chocolate chips at your store)
(plus whatever you brownie mix needs - eggs, oil, water, etc.)





















Just mix the brownies according to the package directions (on the Duncan Hines I used the ingredients for fudge-like brownies) -
















Just add about a half bag of the Andes Creme de Menthe chips to the mixture -
















Mix all together -
















Spray a 9 x 13 pan with Pam (or your preference for coating prior to baking) and put the  brownie/mint mix in the pan -
















Bake according to the directions on the box -
















When cool - frost.  Normally I would make this totally easy and use some chocolate Duncan Hines frosting (my favorite brand), but I only had vanilla in the cupboard.  So, I found this easy recipe online at cooks.com -
Milk Chocolate Frosting for Brownies
3 T. butter, softened
3 T. cocoa
2 T. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 C. powdered sugar

Just cream the first 4 ingredients with a hand-held mixer.  Then, add the powdered sugar and mix away.  I found this to be the right consistency, but you could always had a little more milk or powdered sugar depending on how it is for you.

































I think it tastes similar to the Girl Scout Thin Mint Cookies!!!

Lucy loves when I decorate for any of the holidays.  She just loves to explore when all these totes either are being unloaded or loaded -





















I am linking to Flamingo Toes - Think Pink Sundays.  Just click here to see the amazing crafts and recipes.



1 comment:

Megan@Whimsically Homemade said...

These look yummy! My boyfriend would love these. He likes thin mints and andes mints. We always have to keep some in the fridge for him :) Now following through Pinterest. Love from Whimsically Homemade