Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Plastic Egg Trees

These are so easy and inexpensive to make -

















You just need some mini plastic eggs (found at Hobby Lobby - they're half off this week, too!) and a Styrofoam cone (or something similar).  I also used some "fun fur" that I had. 

The first one I tried I used the inside cone from a large spindle of cotton yarn.  I sprayed tacky glue on it then wound the fun fur around it.  I let it set just a  bit and got my glue gun ready.  I used the low temp glue gun for this.  Each cone used about 1 1/2 glue sticks.  The cones are about 7-8" tall.  It takes just a few minutes to glue the eggs on.

















































































































I also used a couple Styrofoam cones that I found at Goodwill the other day - $.50@ -


































Here are all 3 finished -

















I bought 4 bags of mini plastic eggs (24 to a bag) and used a total of 89 eggs - had 7 eggs left.

















We are starting to get in the Easter mood here and Lucy is no exception.  She looked like she was showing some lovin' to the Easter Bunny, but....

















look at her foot (back paw!!) - she is getting ready to give it the "heave ho" -

















I am linking to Somewhat Simple's Link Party.  You can click here to see them.

No comments: