Friday, March 11, 2011

Strawberry Pie

Love this recipe!!  Plus it was my Mom's - so extra special!!

















Strawberry Pie

1 qt. Strawberries (washed, drained, stems removed, and then sliced) -- set aside.

Mix together in a medium saucepan:
1/2 C. granulated sugar
1/4 C. cornstarch
1 1/2 C. water
Cook this over medium heat until mixture boils and is clear and thick - stirring constantly. 

Remove from heat and add to this mixture:
1 - 3 oz. pkg. strawberry jello (just the dry mix)
Stir well.  After jello mixture starts to congeal, then add the strawberries.  Pour into baked pie shell and place in refrigerator overnight or until ready to serve.  Top with Cool Whip, if desired.

I see that strawberries are starting to make their way into the stores in abundance from out of state.  I haven't tried any yet - but will soon.  Some years I make Strawberry Pie as our Easter dessert.    Each spring and summer I make this a lot -- usually until we are pretty much tired of it -- then look forward to strawberry season again (both brought in from out of state and the "can't be beat" local).

Now, this is what I was referring in my last post on Lucy and "mouse hunting".  She loves the toy mice and they are hidden everywhere.  I know we always have a small army under the refrigerator and stove.  The easiest are getting them from under the couch.  We keep a yardstick handy and tell her we are going mouse hunting!!  That usually gets her to come and check it out.  (I think she thinks that's the only thing the yardstick is used for!!)

















I am linking for the first time to a cool blog - Sweet As Sugar Cookies Sweets for a Saturday.  Click here to see lots of recipes.
SweetasSugarCookies

1 comment:

Miz Helen said...

Thanks so much for stopping by to have Bread Pudding with me. I am stopping by to have some of your wonderful Strawberry Pie. Thank you for sharing and have a great week!