Thursday, August 25, 2011

Chocolate Dipped Potato Chips

The best of sweet & salty!!!!!  This was my first time making Chocolate Dipped Potato Chips and will certainly not be my last!!!!  These were very good!!!!























My daughter loves these and I have found these a few times for her in the past.  I had ordered them thru Malley's when someone was having a fundraiser - click here for more info on their version -
Coco Chips - Milk Chocolate Potato Chips, 14 oz. box
And, I have special ordered them from a local chocolate shop - Tre Sorelle Cioccolato - you can check their web site here.  They had them available a few years ago during Easter but I do not see them now.

Here is what I need to make these delicious treats -


















I wanted a sturdy potato chip and I used the candy melts you might use for making candy.  I melted the chocolate in the microwave on medium heat 30-40 seconds at a time.  It took about 3-4 times to get them melted this way - but you want to do it slow to not ruin the chocolate.  You will want to have everything ready because you will want to work quick before the chocolate starts to harden.  I put some chips in a bowl so I could access them easier.

Here I am doing a quick dip of the potato chip -





















































I spread wax paper on my kitchen island and set the potato chips there to harden -



















































I still have half of the chocolate left so I may be making more very soon!!!!  As for how my daughter liked them - let's just say they were gone in 'record time' - LOL!!!!

Please give these a try - you will not be disappointed!!

I was taking a picture of Lucy, but she got distracted by the open window - maybe some birds out there!!!!






















I am linking to Designs by Gollum's Foodie Friday.  You can see lots of great recipes by clicking here.
FOODIE FRIDAY Click for details

No comments: