Saturday, August 27, 2011

Silhouette Ornaments for Christmas

These are cute to make for yourself or as a gift.  I made them for my daughter's birthday with the images of her sons.






















Now, let me first say that I did not create this idea.  Some have said they remember making them in school, but I found it at this great gal's blog and you can click here and go check out how she did hers.  Thank you Ice House for sharing this.

These are the materials I assembled to make the ornaments -
I found the paper mache ornaments at Michael's and also found the paint there at a deep discount.  This is how they looked painted -
I had my grandsons stand next to the wall and took several photos of them.  I then printed them to be wallet size on white cardstock -
I used small scrapbook scissors to cut their silhouette out -
I traced their silhouette on red and green scrapbook paper that I had -
Cut them out -
Applied them to the ornaments using Mod Podge -
I applied Mod Podge a couple times to make sure they would be sealed good -
I then took a black painter pen and wrote their name and the year on the back side after they were completely dry.  I also tied a coordinating ribbon to the hanger.  The first photo shows them complete.  A very simple and cute idea.  These would be great gifts for grandparents, too!!!

I love to look at older pics of Lucy.
I found her on top of the dryer in this box waiting to go in the trash!!!  Although she still loves to explore -- she has found better sleeping spots!!!!

I am linking to Tatertots & Jello's Weekend Wrap Up Party.  Please click here for plenty of ideas to keep you busy!!
Join us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for
 the weekend wrap up party!

1 comment:

Jamie @ DIY Home Sweet Home said...

Love them. If you get a chance I would love you to link your silhouettes up to More the Merrier Monday. It lasts through Wednesday so you have plenty of time to stop by. See you there. http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/