Thursday, February 9, 2012

LOVE - You Can Do It!!!!

Pin It
I made this yesterday and they are so easy that I need to make many more for all kinds of holidays!!!!
















I love the white wooden letters that stand on their own (bought from our regional craft chain Pat Catan's) but you can find different kinds at various craft stores.
















Appropriate scrapbook paper -





















Cut the scrapbook paper to just the size you need.  And, if there is a pattern you especially want to show - make sure that is part of what you cut.  (By cutting it down to the size you need it is easier to handle and you doesn't wrinkle the spare area for future uses.)
















I sprayed the "right" side with a glue - but you could apply Mod Podge to act as a glue.  I would use whichever you have on hand.





















Put your piece of scrapbook paper on top of the glued letter -





















Repeat the process for the rest of your letters and then let them adhere.  If I have plenty of time then I like to let them sit overnight, but with these I was in more of a hurry and let them sit for a couple hours.
















Take an X-Acto knife and start to cut around the letters.  You will have rough edges -


























































Then, take a little sanding block.  I bought mine at WalMart.  Sand the edges of the paper to smooth things out -
















































Apply Mod Podge over the paper to help seal the edges.  If you have any papers sticking up on the edge then you can press them down with the Mod Podge.
















Let them dry -
































Gathered any embellishments that coordinated with the colors and theme and hot glued them on -
































So easy and the possibilities are endless -





































I have also made these for Halloween -
















And, of course, Christmas -
















While I was busy making these I noticed that Lucy was taking advantage of it being a sunny day.  I think she must be anticipating a trip to the south because it looked like she was working on her tan and making sure that she didn't have any tan lines --
















What??
















I am linking to Between U and Me - Crazy Cute Thursdays.  Just click here to see more crafts, projects & recipes.

I am also linking to Sew Many Ways - Sew Darn Crafty Linky Party.  Click here to see sewing, knitting or craft projects.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I saw your link at the Sew Darn Crafty link up party and had to drop by. I adore your altered letters. Beautiful work!