Saturday, February 25, 2012

New Favorite -- Crockpot Peanut Clusters

Pin It
I made these the other day - even though I had all the ingredients since Christmas but never got around to making them.  Oh my -- these are the best!!!  And, so easy!!!!

















Crockpot Peanut Clusters


16 oz. jar unsalted peanuts
16 oz. jar salted peanuts
12 oz. bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
12 oz. bag milk chocolate chips
2 - 12 oz. bags peanut butter chips
2 lbs. White Almond Bark, broken in pieces

Layer ingredients in order listed in a large crockpot.  Put the crockpot on low and cover with the lid.  Just leave as is - don't remove the cover.  Check back after 2 hours and stir it real good.  Put the lid back on and come back after 30 minutes.  Stir again and everything should be nice and melted.

Line cookie sheets with wax paper and spoon the mixture onto this.  Allow to harden - at least 1 hour.

UPDATE:  Those of you that are crockpot users know that the newer crockpots are hotter than the older versions.  If you have a newer crockpot (as I do now) then just cut in half the above cooking times.  Those cooking times were using an older crockpot that has since been replaced.


These are sooooo good!!  I was afraid that the chocolate would be real soft and come off on your hands, but that is not the case at all.

Here are all the ingredients --
















(note - when I bought everything during the holidays the store I was at did not have the peanut butter chips, but had 11 oz. bags of a combo of peanut butter & milk chocolate chips.  So, I bought 3 bags of those and made up those extra 3 oz. with semi-sweet chips.)

All in the crockpot --





































It barely fit in the crockpot, but it did!  I wasn't sure if I would be able to stir it -- but that was not a problem.  This was after stirring the first time after 2 hours --
















Now, after 30 minutes and stirred again --
















Cookie sheets all ready and lined with wax paper --
















Mixture spooned onto cookie sheets --
















After they had hardened --
































I know that I will be making this plenty of times!!  In fact right this minute Mr. Cardigan is munching on these - but he rolled his eyes when I said that I would be making this a lot.  I added that I would be giving them as gifts -- hope he takes that 'eye roll' back!!!!

Lucy sure does get in some funny positions sleeping --
















I am linking to I Heart Nap Time Sundae Scoop Link Party.  Check out some amazing recipes and crafts by clicking here.
I Heart Nap Time

1 comment:

Savannah Granny said...

Wow, Love the recipe! I will also be making it many times. My daughter and I make lots of candy at christmas. This is so easy. Thanks for sharing.
Coming over from Sundae Scoop.
I am a new follower.
Ginger