Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Tortilla Roll-ups & Our Super Bowl Food

Pin It
We had so much food for the Super Bowl (and there were just 5 of us!!) and I had so many things going on during the weekend that on Monday morning (really Sunday night when I went to bed!!) I said that I am going to eat better/healthier (at least until the next party, right???).

One of the snacks I made were Tortilla Roll-ups -
















Tortilla Roll-ups


1 pkg. of 10 large flour tortillas
2 - 8 oz. pkgs. cream cheese, softened
small can diced green chilies
small can diced black olives
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp. onion powder

Picante Sauce

Blend the softened cream cheese with the green chilies, black olives, and spices.  Spread a heaping tablespoon (not measuring spoon, but serving spoon) of the mixture on the flour tortilla.  Roll them up and sealing the end with a little cream cheese, if needed.  Place in a covered container in the refrigerator to harden (I will sometimes do this overnight -- but at least several hours).

Slice into bite size pieces.  I like to serve this with Picante Sauce on the side.

This was a Super Bowl food request from my oldest grandson.  I have a nephew that requests this at the annual 4th of July party that his parents throw.

Here is the cream cheese --
















All the other items just dumped in --
















Mix it all up --
















Put a heaping portion on each tortilla --
















Use a dinner knife to spread it to the edges --
















Roll it up --
















Put them in a covered container to refrigerate --





















When ready to cut - place on your cutting board --
















I like to trim the ends off mine and discard --
















Slice them and put in a container or on a serving dish --
















Now, take a look at all the other foods we had.  Besides tortilla roll-ups we also had shrimp --
















Little sausages wrapped in crescent rolls (youngest grandson's favorite!!) --
















Veggie tray --
















Meat/cheese/olive tray --
















Ribs, mashed potatoes & corn --





















Don't those ribs look good?  Mr. Cardigan made them --
















Lucy was like -- Where's my food???  I'm ready!!!!
















I am linking to Inside BruCrew Life - Trick or Treat Tuesday.  Just click here to see other recipes, crafts or projects.

No comments: